17 Win Super Mag
October, 2013 Update
Our 17 WSM semi-auto prototypes have been built and are currently in testing. We've been fielding a tremendous amount of questions about this exciting new rifle, so we hope this information helps.
- We will begin taking orders at the 2014 SHOT Show in Las Vegas.
- The initial release will feature a laminated wood stock, stainless steel receiver and a stainless steel bull barrel.
- Standard magazine capacity will be 8 rounds.
- The rifle will utilize a direct blowback action
- We are pursuing additional stock options as well as options for a lightweight version of the rifle, however there is no anticipated release date for either.
- The 17 WSM cartridge necessitates a different action than our 17 HMR rifles. Unfortunately, 17 HMR rifles cannot be converted to 17 WSM.
January, 2013 Update
One of the biggest announcements to come out of the 2013 SHOT Show was the introduction of the world's fastest rimfire - the new 17 Win Super Mag.
It didn't take long and we have been bombarded with emails and phone calls inquiring as to whether or not we would be offering a semi-auto chambered in the 17 WSM.
We are still in the early stages of prototypes, engineering and testing. Updates will be posted on this page as they become available.
In the meantime, check out the awesome capabilities of the 17 WSM brought to you by Winchester.